Saturday, October 2, 2010

Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall

... and it finally did. Today we had rain, real rain, for the first time since I returned from Korea in June.

And just because I'm a wicked, bitter, hateful old man, I was especially pleased, because today there was going to be a home football game. Sleep was hard to come by last night because of the drunks walking home from the bars and parties, screaming with joy and rage outside my window. I guess that's what I get for living in a student neighborhood.

This was not outside my building, and, to be fair, it was the only house in my neighborhood so decorated. But still. (Notice the brown grass, courtesy of the drought.)

I'm not sure the rain had any effect on the game -- it had pretty much stopped by the time the game began. Curses! foiled again.