Thursday, July 31, 2014

Eleven Dimensional Twister?

I haven't posted a Cute Obama Picture here for a while, mainly I think because I haven't seen as many recently.  But this one crawled into my news feed not long ago, so believe and tremble.

I decided to do another post today when I got another message of links from Daily Kos, and right at the top was "Obama Has Rope-a-Doped These GOP Clowns Hard."  It's by a Kos blogger and Obama cheerleader called MinistryOfTruth, whom I remember from last year.  As a writer he's a good cheerleader, and as I noticed before, he seems unaware of the irony in his pseudonym, which refers to the ministry in charge of lies in George Orwell's 1984.  MoT chose better than he knew, giving away his game in advance.

The post is basically devoid of content, and MoT again reveals himself to be insensitive to irony and history.  We've heard before about Obama using the rope-a-dope against his hapless GOP opponents, most notably during the debt-ceiling clown show of 2011.  At that time, you may recall, Obama agreed to budget cuts that some members of his cult hailed as a rope-a-dope trick that would ultimately bring his GOP adversaries down.  When these cuts took effect, they were known as the Sequester, with everybody (including Obama) howling about how awful they were, how they threatened not only America but Civilization itself.  Each party blamed the other, with Obama and Boehner each trying to forget his role in producing the mess.  Who won that one?  Neither one, as far as I can tell, but the losers were, as usual, the ninety-nine percent, the vast majority of Americans.  Given Obama's record, I think it's safe to expect a similar outcome this time.