Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Make My Heart

Now, this is what I'm talking about. Mm hm hmm. Yes indeed.



Early in the life of this blog I complained about a music video by a diva beloved of many gay men, which kept everything thoroughly heterosexual in its choreography: "I suddenly noticed that though the choreographer had paired males with females and a few females with females, there were no males paired with males. This, although in a cast full of dancer/model types, there must have been a few gay males, and although Dayne’s target audience was presumably not homophobic teenaged boys."

Oh, well, I don't pay much attention to music videos, but I did pay attention when the Angry Black Woman touted Toni Braxton's new one: "Fat Dancers! Muscled women! Church Ladies! And all other sorts of hot LGBT dancers!!! And the music! SQUEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" With a link to Rod 2.0, who writes, "The track is destined to be a clubbanger especially because the Billie Woodruff-directed video is a love letter to black and Latino LGBT youth. It fuses the vintage "house" music club scene of the 80s to the ballroom scene of the 90s and 00s." Yeah, that's a lot more like it.