Monday, May 21, 2007

Where to begin?

Just in case anyone else stumbles onto this, including myself during a bout of amnesia, I plan to use this blog to post whatever screeds, polemics, meditations, and suchlike I don't know what else to do with. I've been writing at a number of things for the past few years but have not been able to find a place to publish them, because they're too long, or not timely, or too far from the mainstream, or maybe just not good enough. So I'll put some of them here, in the hope that I'll be able to call them finished and get some closure.

I also intend to post some older pieces that have been published, for example my book reviews for Gay Community News in the 1980s, but aren't available on the Web. And since I seem to be grinding out reviews of Korean movies and Korean TV dramas too fast for Koreanfilm.org, my usual outlet, to use, I'll use this blog for the overflow. It'll also allow me to put up some reviews of films that have already been reviewed there, or aren't Korean, along with reviews of anything else I feel like pontificating about. Which brings me full circle, doesn't it?

At this point I'm feeling too lazy to take comments on the blog itself. (Yeah, right, like I'm going to be flooded with them!) Maybe that will change later on. Meanwhile, I'll try to answer any e-mail, though I also reserve the right to post anything I receive, especially if it's either very helpful or informative, or if it's abusive.

I guess that's enough of an introductory post. Thanks to anyone who's read this far.